March Race Winner: Dennis Stepien
SJPD Hot Wheels Club downhill drag races are held at every meeting on our 4 lane, 30ft race track. The action is hot and the racing is intense, so bring your favorite new un-opened Hot Wheels vehicle out to the track and prepare to throw down! See you on the track!
There is a $1 entrance fee per vehicle.
Vehicles must be new an un-opened in its original packaging.
Hot Wheels brand vehicles only.
Maximum of 10 cars entered per month.
Monthly themes will be strictly adhered to, no deviations will be allowed.
Castings named as a fantasy vehicle will NOT be honored as a production vehicle and vice versa.
All disputes will be ruled on by either the race manager (Curtis) or club president.
If a vehicle flips or comes off track, a second race will be conducted after that if the car doesn't finish its a DNF.
Quests will be allowed to race, but any winning's will be put toward a new membership.
Please, no wagering.
1. Four car races in each heat (unless odd number of cars, to which a bye may be made.
2. Any byes will cause the car to start the next round.
3. 1st & 2nd places advance to the next round.
4. Final Four: 1st race the 3rd & 4th are eliminated, 1st & 2nd place race best of 2 outta 3 with lane choice being decided by whoever has the most race wins. After lanes are chosen, second race lanes will be reversed, if a third race is required the two unused lanes will be utilized using the same system.
5. Winning casting of each month including its variations will be banned for the remainder or the year.
1. Championship runoff consists of the twelve monthly winners.
2. The winners will race in the lane order by month in which they won per round, (Ex: Jan. lane 1/ Feb. lane 2/ Mar. lane 3/ Apr. lane 4).
3. Best 2 out of 3 races will use the two unused lanes for third race, if necessary.
4. Round One (12cars)- Single Elimination-1st & 2nd place advance.
5. Round Two (6cars)- Single Elimination- Two 3 car runoffs-1st & 2nd place advance to the finals.
6. Round Three (4cars)- Single Elimination- 1st & 2nd place advance to the finals.
7. Round Four (2cars)-3rd & 4th place race for Third Place-(best 2 out of 3).
8. Final (2cars) 1st & 2nd race for Championship-(best 2 out 3).
9. Championship casting of Final Twelve Runoff will be permanently banned the remaining 11 current winning castings will be unbanned as of the beginning of the new season.
MONTHLY & Permanently BANNED VEHICLES
The monthly following vehicles are banned from the 2019 drag racing season:
68 Mercury Cougar (Jan)
Custom 67 Mustang (Feb)
Kenworth T600/Ford LTL (March)
The following vehicles are permanently banned from drag racing due to year end champion.
Side Splitter Funny Car (2014 Winner, Curtis Shaffer)
Ford Transit Connect (2015 Winner, Oscar Mendez)
Probe Funny Car (2016 Winner, James Goolsbee Jr.)
Pontiac Grand Prix Nascar (2017 Winner, John Garton)
Chevy Lumina Stocker (2018 Winner, Andrew Hitchens)
RACE SCHEDULE & THEME
January 2019 – Any Hot Wheels with a METAL base.
February 2019 - Ford/Chevy/Dodge (must state vehicle manufacture on blister or clearly be one of the listed named brands, concepts allowed).
March 2019 – Trucks / Buses / Vans / SUV's (Fantasy or Production).
April 2019– Dice Edition Draft (Must fit on track and have four or more wheels).
May 2019 - First Editions, New Models (Must say First Edition or New Model on blister).
June 2019 – Any Hot Wheels vehicle (Non-mainline packaging only).
July 2019 – Junk Yard Brawl (10 cars per person will be provided for a fee of $5.00).
August 2019 – Foreign production vehicles (concepts allowed).
September 2019 –Pinks Edition Draft (Must fit on track and have four or more wheels).
October 2019 – Fantasy Vehicles (No Production or Concepts Vehicles).
November 2019 – Vehicles Produced from 1920-1969.
December 2018 – Any Hot Wheels with a PLASTIC base.
SECONDARY RACE SCHEDULE & THEME
January 2019- OG Redlines & Reproduction Redlines (New or open).
February 2019 - 50/50
March 2019- Drag Demon
April 2019 – 50/50
May 2019 - Any toy manufacturer (NO Hot Wheels)
June 2019 – 50/50
July 2019 – Ultra Hots, Hot Ones, BW’s (new or loose).
August 2019– 50/50
September 2019– Real Riders for PINKS !!! (new or loose).
October 2019 – 50/50
November 2019 – Running of the Bulls (casting TBD).
December 2019 – 50/50
Banned Cars from Secondary Races: Vega Funny Car