SJPD Hot Wheels Club downhill drag races are held at every meeting on our new4 lane, 30ft race track. The action is hot and the racing is intense, so bring your favorite new un-opened Hot Wheels vehicle out to the track and prepare to throw down! See you on the track!
- There is a $1 entrance fee per vehicle.
- Vehicles must be new an un-opened in its original packaging.
- Hot Wheels brand vehicles only.
- Maximum of 10 cars entered per month.
- Monthly themes will be strictly adhered to, no deviations will be allowed.
- Castings named as a fantasy vehicle will NOT be honored as a production vehicle and vice versa.
- All disputes will be ruled on by either the race manager (Curtis) or club president.
- If a vehicle flips or comes off track, a redo will be done once per vehicle.
- Quests will be allowed to race, but any winning's will be put toward a new membership.
- Please, no wagering.
Will be calculated as follows:
1. Four car runoffs in each heat (unless odd number of cars, to which a bye may be made.
2. Any byes will cause the car to start the next round.
3. 1st & 2nd places advance to the next round.
4. The 1st place finisher only will receive 1 point in each heat, except Final Four.
5. Final Four (1st & 2nd race best 2 out of 3, 3rd & 4th race best 2 out of 3, ( bonus points for 1st-3pts/2nd-2pts./3rd-1pt.)
6. Lane choice will be decided by whoever has the most points accrued for that months race. After lanes are chosen, second race lanes will be reversed, if a third race is required the two unused lanes will be utilized with the point leader choosing lane first.
7. Winning casting of each month including its variations will be banned for the remainder or the year.8. Championship casting of Final Twelve Runoff will be permanently banned, the remaining 11 current winning castings will be unbanned as of the beginning of the new season.
1. Championship runoff consists of the twelve monthly winners.
2. The winners will race in lane order by month in which they won per round, (Ex: Jan. lane 1/ Feb. lane 2/ Mar. lane 3/ Apr. lane 4).
3. Best 2 out of 3 races will use the two unused lanes for third race, if necessary.
4. Round One (12cars)- Single Elimination-1st & 2nd place advance.
5. Round Two (6cars)- Single Elimination- Two 3 car runoffs-1st & 2nd place advance to the finals.
6. Round Three (4cars)- Single Elimination- 1st & 2nd place advance to the finals.
7. Round Four (2cars)-3rd & 4th place race for Third Place-(best 2 out of 3).
8. Final (2cars) 1st & 2nd race for Championship-(best 2 out 3).
YEARLY & Permanently BANNED VEHICLES
The monthly following vehicles are banned from the 2017 drag racing season:
- BlackHawk Stutz (Jan)
- Custom '77 Dodge Van (Feb)
- Land Rover MkII (March)
- 13 Copo Camaro (April)
- Dodge Concept (May)
- Pontiac Grand Prix Nascar (June)
- Plymouth Arrow Funny Car (July)
- Aston Martin V8 Vantage (Aug)
- Dodge Charger R/T (Sept)
The following vehicles are permanently banned from drag racing due to year end champion.
Side Splitter Funny Car (2014 Winner)
Ford Transit Connect (2015 Winner)
Probe Funny Car (2016 Winner)
RACE SCHEDULE & THEME
- January 2017 – Any Hot Wheels with a METAL base.
- February 2017 - Ford/Chevy/Dodge (must state vehicle manufacture on blister or clearly be one of the listed named brands, concepts allowed)
- March 2017 – Trucks / Buses / Vans / SUV's (Fantasy or Production)
- April 2017 – Dice Edition Draft (Must fit on track and have four or more wheels)
- May 2017 - First Editions, New Models (Must say first Edition or New Model on blister)
- June 2017 – Any Hot Wheels vehicle (Non-mainline packaging only)
- July 2017 – American production vehicles (concepts allowed).
- August 2017 – Foreign production vehicles (concepts allowed).
- September 2017 –Pinks Edition Draft (Must fit on track and have four or more wheels)
- October 2017 – Fantasy Vehicles (No Production or Concepts Vehicles)
- November 2017 – Vehicles Produced from 1920-1969.
- December 2017 – Any Hot Wheels with a PLASTIC base.
SCONDARY RACE SCHEDULE & THEME
- January 2017- Original Redlines
- February 2017 - 50/50
- March 2017- Drag Demon
- April 2017 – 50/50
- May 2017 - Any toy manufacturer
- June 2017 – 50/50
- July 2017 – Treasure Hunts
- August 2017 – 50/50
- September 2017 – Real Riders for PINKS !!!
- October 2017 – 50/50
- November 2017 – Running of the Bulls
- December 2017 – 50/50
Banned Cars from Secondary Races: Vega Funny Car